Capturing Inspirational Ideas!
Don’t Let it Get Away
How many times have you woken up at night with a solution to a problem you’ve been dealing with? Or you’re driving down the highway and a great idea “popped” into your head? How often have you been rinsing the shampoo out of your hair in the shower, and had an epiphany?
When we try to remember these ideas later, we just can’t get recall them with the same clarity or at all. And man oh man, is this frustrating.
Here are some simple solutions to capturing these ideas …
- leave a pad of paper and a pen on your bed side table; don’t wake your significant other as they may not share your enthusiasm.
- write in the steam on the bathroom mirror
- voice dictate the idea into your smartphone
- call the office and leave yourself a message
- during waking hours share the thought with a friend
- use a smart phone app, to capture the idea
Inspirational ideas come at all hours of the day and night. When they surface, take a minute to capture them. You never know when that one idea will be “a winner”.