Productivity for a Rainy Day
The weather that we’ve had as of late can be incredibly demotivating: rain is sleep-inducing and this heat? Well, don’t even get us started. Fall can come any time now!
But, just because we feel unmotivated, we can’t just shut down. There is still work to be done and the busy season is just around the corner! What are some of the best ways to stay perky through these dreary and heated days? We have a few ideas!
- Listen to peppy music. Our social media and digital marketing specialist has been listening to a lot of pop throwbacks to keep herself up and moving. Check out this playlist on Spotify for a few of them!
- Take frequent breaks. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: BREAKS WILL HELP! Seriously, every 90 minutes or so take a lap or do a few squats in your cube. They’ll get the blood flowing and give you some motivation. Make it a competition in the office and see who can do the most pushups during work day!
- Tell yourself that if you get x, y, and z done, you will treat yourself to a walk around the corner to your local coffee shop. Then not only will you be setting an attainable, short-term goal for yourself, but you will also be getting up and moving–with the added bonus of some some vitamin C.
- Make sure you ACTUALLY take a lunch break. And no, we don’t mean inhale a sandwich while still working on that beast of a spreadsheet that has been taking up all of your time. We mean a good, 30 minute to one-hour lunch break that involves a conversation with your co-workers and a break from staring at those little boxes.
- Make sure that when the time-clock for work stops, you do too. It’s easy to keep doing things for your job when your phone starts pinging with emails, but you really do need to take a break. It’s important for you to recharge in the evening and answering all of those emails won’t help you do that! We promise, they can wait.
So, hang in there with this heated monsoon weather. It’s rough, but we’ll all get through it together. Keep plugging away and if you need some extra help keeping organized, check out the free trial for our CRM program. It will help!